Sorry for the delay in updates, but we're moved in to the new house. We're still waiting for our internet connection (cross your fingers for us that it comes soon) but Dennis got the music server working last night. The Television service comes through the ADSL line, so we don't have any TV for now, either. It's good to have some music finally.
I've postes some pics of our place, below. There are more stories that I'll get to as soon as I have time to stop and write (and a connection to do so).
Here is our building, and our street. We are on the 7th and 8th floor, so, pretty much at the top of this picture, you can see our terrace:
Our living room is very nice. The terrace is straight out the doors in this pic:
And we have a dining room. The sofa under the stairs is a sofabed, useful for larger crowds of guests (Hi Chrissy!).
For more pictures, click
here! If you go there, look at the pics of the washing machine. It's also a dryer, but we have a separate dryer because I insisted. It's kinda nutty, eh? Also, that creepy hallway is behind a locked door upstairs in our place. The building is really old, despite appearances, and that's a glimpse into the real innards. I'd like to move the crap in there and use it as a closet/storage -- just put a rug down and an armoire. But we haven't quite decided to do that yet. Storage is a funny issue, since the spare room has all of the closets, and our bedroom has no closets.
Also, we have a nice restaurant nearby that says Bistro Resto outside, which is funny. They are very nice, and the guy who served us has a dog that hangs out with him. His name is Nelson. I like the whole dogs in restaurants thing.
More later. Work is going to be sucking for the next two weeks, but Jim is coming on Sunday. Yay!
--Aimee