Meet the new kids!
Published Friday, December 31, 2004 by off2paris | E-mail this post 
I'd like to present our two new French fish, Peugeot and Citroën. (Don't ask where Renault is, because the answer is, "In the shop, of course.") Citroën is the yellow one.
I purchased them completely in French, and then I related the experience to my French teacher in French as well. C'est tres bien, non? They look pretty happy in there.
We don't have plans for New Year's eve, beyond cooking a nice mexican dinner, and maybe making margaritas. I think that's some kind of national crime in France, but, c'est la vie. I'm still feeling like I'm fighting a cold, and making plans in a foreign country in a foreign language is just too challenging.
If I feel up to it, I'd like to get out on Saturday, though. I want to go to "The Great Grocery Store" and the gourmet shops in Le Bon Marche, a French institution, paragon of shopping, and otherwise famous site. If we're up to it, maybe we'll see Napoleon's grave, too, which I hear is just amazingly cool. I'm kinda feeling a soft spot for that Napoleon.
Back to work -- lots to do today before the blessed weekend.
--Aimee