Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




Is it vendredi yet?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday, after I thought I'd had all of the details worked out with the movers, I learned that the French office had specifically told the US office not to pack and load and weigh our stuff. Who knows why? I called Ginger at the US office and said "What would you do? What is your advice for me at this point?"

I think she was sympathetic, because she took our case to her general manager. When she called me back, she said that the US office had decided to take over control of the order, and that they'd go through with the packing tomorrow. Who knew this would be so complex? Assuming the French office doesn't screw us somehow, we should have our stuff by the week of Jan 3.

We went to dinner last night at a restaurant called Spicy! It was delicious, though, not very spicy at all. It seems that true spicy isn't a big favorite with the French. Dennis was talking about making a mexican meal for us (I miss mexican food already) so I've been on the lookout for things like salsa and anaheim peppers and crushed red pepper. I bought BBQ sauce at the store the other day, too. This was a big score, as those types of American condiments don't seem to be very common here. I was hoping for a bottle of A-1, too, but that seemed to be asking for just a bit too much.

Yesterday was probably the first day in a week that I didn't eat fois gras. I'll try to not double-up on my helpings today. :-)

Tomorrow I'll take some pics of the office and surrounding area if I can remember the camera. I'm really, really looking forward to getting into our new apartment (though I did buy a string of pretty xmas lights to hang in our current place).

--Aimee



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3