Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




Why Paris?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Understandably, this is becoming a common question: Why/how did we end up in Paris?!

The answer is pretty simple: because we can!

Aimee was in touch with a French friend and she had worked for him previously. He liked her gumption, so she continued to pursue the situation. The only catch was that the work required full-time, long-term in Paris. She can elaborate, but the discussioned soon turned to me.

It so happens that this French software company has a product right in my wheelhouse and could use my expertise, and I would also gain, in inumerable ways, so voilĂ ! I came out for a day of interviews and basically... why the hell not?! It was a decision I didn't want to have to make, as I love my home, but Aimee seemed like she really wanted to go. I was expecting to visit, interview, and have something not work out, but everything seemed to fit really well. How often do you get a chance like this?!

The logistics of renting our house, selling stuff, the fear the unknown, foreign land, etc., were all overwhelming, but we were sure that it would be worth it. Moving was incredbly hard and the whole thing happened over the course of about 3-4 weeks. I'm glad most of the moving is over, but we still have a lot of details to clean up.

So far, we are happy we made the choice and we can always move back, but we hope to enjoy Paris, ideally, for a couple of years.

-Dennis



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3