Forget the fact that they couldn't get us an estimate in under 2 weeks, so we could have our crap moved before we left. I'm over that. At this point, I want to get our stuff out of the house so that Peter can move his stuff in, and get it packed and weighed so we can pay for the real weight, instead of the estimated weight, which is what the French office is proposing.
Here's why I continue to be annoyed:
Aimee Cardwell to Ginger Yi of Interconex moving, as a follow-up to the mail I sent yesterday that got no response:
Did you have any luck getting an answer from France about my move? I guess it's getting close to Thursday, our scheduled date, now. Perhaps I could just make a deal with the US arm to pay y'all for packing and weighing?
Thanks so much,
A.
Ginger back to Aimee within 15 minutes:
I am still waiting for approval from the overseas office. I will advise upon receipt of authorization to proceed.
Thank you,
Ginger Yi
Aimee back to Ginger within 10 minutes (trying real hard to be friendly):
Thanks for your response, Ginger.
Is there anything I can do? Would it be faster for me to find another company? It seems like the French office can't seem to respond faster than 3 days, and I was really hoping to have our stuff moved on Thursday. I'm in Paris now, and I have to schedule someone to supervise the move. Also, the person who is renting my house would really like to have my stuff out of it.
I'm open to advice. This shipment of goods isn't going so well. If I just knew how to authorize shipment, we could begin...
Thanks for your help.
A.
Ginger writes back:
We will proceed with pack/load on Thursday 12/9. Once pack/load is completed, we will hold the shipment at our warehouse until further instructions are given either from your or our office in France. How does that sound?
Thank you,
Ginger Yi
Which has me a little concerned, as you cant tell from the next exchange:
Sounds great, assuming you think you can weigh it, get me a quote, find a way for me to pay the French office, and have it in Paris sometime around January 3. That's almost three weeks, and there are no national holidays in Paris for Christmas or New Year's. Air shipment is supposed
to take two weeks, so it seems like that should be a sufficient amount of time.
I have a tiny fear that it's going to get packed, and then I won't be able to get it shipped. :-)
A.
The latest set of exchanges is her asking me whether I planned to ship by air or by sea. Um. Hi. I said ALL OF THIS in my mail yesterday. Do you want me to send you another copy?
I think I'm making progress, though. The result of sheer endurance, I think.
--Aimee