Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




Saturday Morning Run/Walk


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I got up a little early today and went "running" for an hour (where running equals a repeated pattern of running as much as I can until I have to stop and walk). I started by going to the nearby Trocadero, across the river from the Eiffel Tower, and then heading south, toward Passy. I went all the way down to the bridge with the mini Statue of Liberty, which looks like this (images stolen from the web, since I didn't take the camera):



This statue was erected in 1889 by the American community in Paris, as a token of appreciation for the one they gave us. It's cute, just 35 feet tall. But while I was there, I discovered something new. There's a small island in the middle of the Seine that I'd never seen before, called the Allée de Cygnes (cygnes are swans). It goes quite a ways, between two bridges, and offers a view of the city I'd never seen before. Here's the view from along the walkway:



And here's a map view, so you can get an idea of where it is, and how narrow:



I like finding new things when I run! Makes the whole experience seem much less like a chore.

A.



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3