Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




Sweet Sunday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's cool and overcast today. We had a great dinner last night with Graham and Anaïs (Graham is a friend from the US, Anaïs is his wife) and Huan and Becky (both pals from French class). We made a Mexican feast! Graham brought margaritas that were strong and delicious, and I made pork carnitas-style tacos and burritos. I bought the pork on Friday, brined it overnight, then slow-roasted it in the oven for 4 or 5 hours. then pulled it, refrigerated it, and fried it up with spices and pork juice for the filling. We also had fresh onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, and limes, as well as beans and rice, caramelized onions, and real cheddar!

This morning when we came downstairs, this bird was sitting on the wall of our smaller terrace:



This is a ring-necked dove (as far as I can tell from the research I have done) and they're all over the place. They don't hang with the pigeons much, and they're much larger than the doves I'm used to in SF (mourning doves). They also make a completely different cooing sound. I'm a big fan of doves, so I'm pretty delighted that this guy has chosen to hang out with us for a while.

The picture is taken with our new camera, a Canon IXUS40, which is comparable to the Canon Elph model in the US that has 400 megapixels. That's double our old camera, and we have a much larger memory card for this one. It's smaller and lighter and more feature-rich, too. The higher megapixel count gives it an awesome digital zoom capability, which is how I managed to capture my friend here from across the room.

Maybe it'll inspire me to walk around Paris and take some photos today.

--Aimee



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3