Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




A few side notes...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Before I get into my main picture-sharing mode in the next post, I'd like to record/bring to your attention a few things that are on my mind.

Item 1: Paris, and other parts of the world, are graffitied (in the best sense of the term) with these awesome little space invader tiles, like the one you can see in this picture, taken from here in Lausanne:



See the little red guy in the center foreground? Well, he and his buddies can be found all over Paris, not to mention London, New York, Los Angeles, Bangkok, and a dozen other cities. The person who does them considers them art, and frankly, I kinda do too. Each one is documented and mapped, and composed of tiles. It's an artful, less invasive form of tagging, I guess. I know it's a thin line, but I smile when I see them, and I see them frequently. More on the artist/concept can be found here: http://www.space-invaders.com.

Item 2: We visited an antique shop full of science antiques yesterday in Geneva. I love stores like this, and this one in particular I really enjoyed. For one thing, I couldn't get Jim Home out of my head -- I felt like I was looking at it through his eyes. There were phrenology heads, dental tools, microscopes, bottles of tinctures and whatnot. So cool. Here's the picture that Dennis took:



I bought an awesome white-metal compass there, but I could have bought half the store. here's their website: http://www.perret-antiques.ch/

Item 3: If you ever find yourself in Monaco, Firenze or Geneva, eat here: http://www.capocaccia.com

We stumbled on this place in old-town Geneva, and were thrilled. It's hidden in a tiny courtyard, and the little sandwiches we had were outstanding. Dennis's had brie, proscuitto, arugula, tomato, and truffle oil. Mine had bufala mozzrella, arugula, tomato, and some dry beef. Both were wrapped in a napkin and on soft fresh panini bread and were SO good. We sat on this tiny porch and enjoyed wine with our sandwiches:



Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled post.

--Aimée



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3