I bought a new CliƩ from the French eBay. I bought it all in French, and left feedback in French, too! Anyway, this new one is a bit fancier than my previous one... It has a camera, still and video both. So, here are a few pics for you. They're not great, but way better than my phone cam.
This is the dinner that Dennis made for me the night I got home from NY. We call it "duck fried duck" because it's duck meat preserved in duck fat. Dennis is very good at making it, which may be because he LOVES it, and so do I. He made creamed spinach and onions to go with. Mmm!

Here we are, playing around with the camera before French class, in the pseudo Japanese cafe across the street from school:


This weekend was for resting and recovery, getting ready for an influx of guests over the next two weeks (yay!). We watched a few movies, did tons of laundry, made pork chops braised in barbecue sauce (oh man was that good) and burritos. Dennis' father comes to visit us on Friday, then Mark and Jill on Monday, then Caleb and Tricia the following week.
We scored a great reservation at Jules Verne restaurant for when Mark and Jill are here. It's in the Eiffel Tower, and it's Michelin rated! It's quite difficult to get a reservation, but the tourist season hasn't kicked in yet, so we got lucky. I can't wait to go.
On Thursday after class we went to Montmartre with our friend Stephen and his friend Nance, who are doing a whirlwind week or so in Europe. We had not yet been up to see Sacre Coeur (a fantastic church on what must be the tallest (maybe the only) hill in Paris. The view from up there is outstanding. The neighborhood is very touristy, but we ended up getting a passable meal. I hope Stephen and Nance are enjoying the rest of their trip. I'm glad they were able to hang out for a little bit.
Busy week ahead at work -- a new project is ramping up. Whew!
--Aimee