Now this is more like it!
Published Wednesday, March 16, 2005 by off2paris | E-mail this post 
Today is gorgeous. It's sunny and warm, maybe 70 degrees. The window in my office is open, and the traffic noise is loud. Dennis and I ate lunch at a new restaurant -- we went walking around looking for a sidewalk cafe that seemed acceptable. He had a hamburger with a fried egg on top, and french fries (a common meal in bistros), and I had a bowl of French onion soup and a VERY stinky quiche. It seems like all of Paris is out on the streets enjoying the sun, which after three months of cold, rain, snow, sleet, hail, and greyness, they should be!
Here's a shot from the ABC News Eiffel Tower webcam, to give you an idea:

Dennis' dad comes to visit us on Friday. I hope the weather holds for him. I can already tell I'm going to be a whiny girl in August, so I'm going to enjoy this temperate weather every moment I can. Perhaps we should get a drink after work outside, or better yet, get some chairs and sit on our terrace! I knew there was a reason I liked that terrace other than to see if the snow is laying.
Also, for those of you worried about the safety of the fishes, the fish suicide screen appears to be performing, um, swimmingly:

--Aimee