Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




BUSTED for nothin'!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the way to the restaurant yesterday, via metro, I got busted by the Metro police. Wrongly, I might add. We were all dressed up in our fancy duds, and as we got off of the second train, I tossed my little purple ticket into the trash can. I figured, I’m off the train now, right? Usually I hold on to it in a pocket, but I had no pockets in my dinner clothes.

Well, at the foot of the stairs were the Metro police, checking everyone’s tickets. I ran back up and plucked two tickets out of the trashcan, but neither of them were the right one, apparently.

If I spoke French well enough, I would have said “What, do you think I jumped the turnstiles in my wraparound skirt and four inch heels?” But as it was, I was annoyed, frustrated, angry, and a bit ashamed of picking through a trash can. There was a man at the top of the stairs who was the Metro police, and he got all huffy AFTER WATCHING ME THROW AWAY MY TICKET when I went to go look for it. He can piss off.

So, I’ve donated 25 Euros (instant fine) to the Metro police, bastards. All if this after I showed them the unused tickets in my wallet, and pointed out that Mark and Jill had tickets from the same ticket book.

I fumed for two minutes then put it behind me so we could enjoy dinner, but man. It’s a shame that after we see people waiting for us to go through the turnstile so that they can jump in after us through the gate, it’s the law-abiding loyal ticket purchaser who gets to pay the fine. Just for that, I hope Paris gets the Olympics. That’ll show ‘em.

--Aimee



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3