Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




Snaps


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



"Snaps" seems to be the English diminutive for "Snapshots". I like it, it’s cute. Aimee previously posted some of the UK photos, but there are more good ones.

A close-up of a beautiful marble piece in Westminster Abbey showing the three great British explorers to circumnavigate the earth: Sir Francis Drake, Captain James Cook, and Sir Francis Chichester. I just spent an hour reading about these guys. Exciting stuff.

Now thinking about London again I am again recollecting that I had a great time there. It went by too fast, but I like that town. Like Paris there is amazing history which I think you can feel. It makes me appreciate Paris more because sometimes, I forget that I live here, getting caught up in work.

We also forgot to mention that we found a really cheap train fare to Amsterdam 2 or 3 weeks ago and stayed there for one night. It was fun and the first really nice weather of the spring. Since then Paris has been a bit hot. It can get a lot hotter and it probably only broke 90°F (32,2°C) once, but we are just not used to it. Even when we experience that temperature in Costal California, it’s a lot less humid. Amsterdam is cute, and nice, also has a lot of history. I just can’t get over how silly and cute it is. I was there before, but was a little cheap weekend getaway. The train line was called Thalys and like the Eurostar(.com) these trains are HIGH SPEED baby. But, it seems that when you get out of France they become a bit slower. My theory is that it’s due to the locals want of peace and quiet and limiting train speed but, could also be due to the quality of track. Snaps below.

Ok, that's it for today. Hopefully I'll blog again soon but, probably not until after Denmark next weekend.

Cheers,
-Dennis

Close-up of a marble piece in Westminster Abbey


The obligatory english telephone booth shot


Of course you have to shoot The London Bridge


London: Old and New


Centraal Station, Amsterdam


Aimee in front of the sleek streetcars


I like these streetcars. Sleek and low to the ground


Silly and Cute


Lots of coffee shops. I like coffee!



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3