I know it won't make any difference to anyone but me
Published Wednesday, April 06, 2005 by off2paris | E-mail this post 
But it's time I complained about this company publicly, just in case someone happens to google for it. Our apartment in Paris is rented through an agency called Affinity Home, which one could find at http://www.affinity-home.com/ They say that they deal mainly with international clients, and their website states: "At the time of each rental Affinity Home organizes the different tasks, a survey of the condition of the flat, the household insurance cover, and the connection to different services including telephone and electricity." Look how easy they make it for expats!
Well, bullshit. It took two months and two visits from DARTY to fix the dishwasher, but it really took me calling the representative 20 times or more to make it happen. We moved in on Jan 3, and since then I have been asking for another key to the apartment, but we STILL don't have one. When we moved into the apartment it was filthy, so I paid a service to clean it, and apparently the landlord has decided that a moldy fridge and disgusting bathrooms are not their problem and they don't have to reimburse us. To make it worse, the agent, Julien Malaprade, never returns my phone calls or emails, even though HE HAS NOT YET DONE WHAT HE PROMISED TO DO FROM THE BEGINNING. Let's be clear about this, that agency got roughly 2000 euros commission from the apartment rental -- this isn't charity work here.
So, on the off chance that you got to this blog because you googled for one of these terms: Paris Apartment Furnished Rental Expatriate Affinity Home Julien Malaprade, you should feel free to drop me a note and ask for advice. But if I were you, I'd avoid Affinity Home and Julien Malaprade.
(you think I said those terms enough times that google will figure it out?)
Bonne chance,
--Aimee