Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




Thank You God


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday was the national holiday known as Ascension. Like many Parisiens, we are taking off today, Friday also, yielding a fabulous 4-day weekend! Thanks God! As you might have guessed, we are not religious, but thanks are in order nonetheless. I have just finished packing and thought I’d blog a little bit.

We’re hopping on an CityJet flight (only slightly more expensive than the fabled Ryan Air) to Scotland this evening to meet up with our friend Dave who’s there on business. We’ve never been there and have had some playful banter about weather it’s a country or not and if so, is it a REAL country. I forget what Aimee’s stance was but I think I considered it more of a country than she, mostly because I’ve always just thought it was, and it certainly isn’t England. Lastly... who cares! It’s a country which is part of another country.

The last 2 weeks have been a little tough. After our week long vacation of eating pounds and pounds of: feta, fried cheese, lamb, fried fish, souvlaki, moussaka, Turkish pizza and an ample amount of wine, the pounds finally won. It’s become time for evasive measures. My pants don’t fit. Ah, c’est la vie, non ? No big deal, we’ve been enjoying ample amounts of French wine and French food over the last many months. Now it’s time for ample amounts of restraint.

Fortunately for us, I cleverly worked a couple loopholes into the contract. The contract (to me, from me) is “No drinking, no more than 2000 Cal/Day, and no starch or sugar until my pants fit.)” Yes, pretty serious. Visiting friends and travel are the loopholes. Luckily for me, we have ample friends who visit, and we travel about once a month or so. Ok, that’s enough complaining. Oh, wait, the weather sucks. Spring had totally sprung and it’s back around 50-65°F and rainy. The weekend in Scotland will also feature 45-55°F plus dark and rainy the whole time. Bah! Fish-n-Chips, pints and some whisky will help, I’m sure. Ok, that’s all the complaining for this week folks!

I leave you with a slew of French wine from La Cave Lanrezac.

-Dennis



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3