Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




physical fitness


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, that thing you've surely heard, about all of the women in Paris being thin, is *kinda* true... I mean, there are larger women here, but by and large, the Parisians I know are thinner than the same percentage of Americans I know. HOWEVER, whatever they're doing doesn't seem to apply to me, naturally. So I've been running and walking to try to stay fit, and I hired a personal trainer once a week for the nice boot in the ass I'll likely need to keep going through the fall and winter. My first appointment is Wednesday morning at 7am, so I expect to be sore for a few days.

The guy who did my preliminary appointment (body fat measurements, general fitness tests, etc.) heard that I was beginning to run, and that I was getting up to 3 miles a run, and he suggested I participate in a 6k Women's run that's taking place in October. I didn't bother with the conversion just then, but i figured that if I can do 3 miles now, I could surely do 6k by October.

So, I went running this morning as far as I could go, and I ended up going 3.7 miles, which is 5.95 kilometers. I admit that I walked about 4/10 of a mile, but hey, I could *totally* do 6k! More details as I have them.

It was kinda funny meeting with that first guy, who asked about my diet, my current exercise plans, and my fitness goals. My answer was pretty much "I'm willing to devote about 45 minutes a day to working out, so whatever I can fit in there, I'll do. I'm NOT really willing to change my diet any more than I already have, and I'm *certainly* not willing to drink less wine. So, those are your parameters." He laughed at that. Well, it's better to tell him the truth than to lie, right?

Anyhow, looks like they'll start some Pilates mat classes in the fall, too. That could be fun. Oh, and if any of my French pals want more info, it's here:

http://www.chameleonfitness.net/

--Aimée



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3