The weather has been gorgeous here -- in the seventies with bright sun and gentle winds. My favorite conditions. I walked to school on Tuesday (about two miles) and I will likely do so again today. I also jogged this morning, and my fancy pedometer informed me that I went 3 miles in 33 minutes. That's 11 minutes a mile (a bit of free math for you here) and 5.45 miles per hour as an average pace. Not bad, eh? When I started this running project, I couldn't run two miles. It must be working.
On Saturday my friend Shadok is going to walk with me to left bank to visit the shop of famous french patisser Pierre Hermé. Those of my friends who read (or write) food blogs will have read many folks waxing poetic over this guy. Here's one of the most poetic waxings, with photos to accompany:
http://shewhoeats.blogspot.com/2005/01/indulged.htmlMy birthday is on Tuesday, and I thought I'd like to go then, but with work and L'Ecole Française, there's just no time! So Saturday morning it is. It's almost exactly three miles from our apartment on foot, so a round trip of 6 miles should allow me to eat one or two things from there, right? RIGHT? Anyway, it'll be good fun. I'll let you know how it goes.
--Aimee