Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




My first soiree...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night I went to a dinner party in honor of Mo and Kelly, two former expats who were back in France for a short time. It was incredibly kind for them and their friends to invite us, and they were all gracious and delightful. Dennis was too sick to join me, but I had a great time, met new people, ate cheese, and finally got to go into a cheese shop. (I'd been afraid to go because of the potential of not being able to be understood.)

Charles owns the shop, which is dedicated to artisinal cheeses and wines and other delicious things like fois gras and honey and whatnot. His wife Elizabeth hosted the "raclette" dinner, which turned out to be quite like upside-down fondue. It was better than fondue, I think, because you could let the cheese get all brown and bubbly to your taste, and also because you could choose different kinds of cheeses to try. They served small white potatoes and five varieties of sliced meats (like salami, and coppa and chorizo) over which we poured our small vats of melted cheese. As if that wasn't enough, it was followed by a salad and then by dessert, which was flambee crepes with ice cream. Thanks Charles and Elizabeth!

But I have to say, after a month of being in Paris, the company was what I craved the most. I hope to have the chance to see this group of folks again. I don't know if I've ever felt so welcome in a room full of mostly strangers. What a nice night!

Here are some pictures of the cheese shop. Charles has a "cave" in the store where he can age the cheese himself after he gets it from the farmers. Oh, and he has a website that was designed by Kelly where you can learn more about his store and products.

Thanks to everyone for last night. What fun!
--Aimee

Here's the link to the shop: http://www.lafermerie.com/en/home.html

Here is the cave where the cheese gets good and stinky:





I want to go back and buy the little goat cheese in the window with raisins on top. Mm!






See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3