Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




Dennis has a cold...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



And it's pretty bad. Damned French germs. He's been holed up in the apartment all weekend, which isn't horrible given that it's raining on and off, but he sure seems miserable. I found tortillas at the farmer's market last night, and made another mexican feast for us after shopping. At night, I wrapped the presents I scored during the day. Not my best xmas array, but not for lack of trying.

I went to get some fever reducer for Dennis, which was a small adventure. You can't get so much as an asprin without going to the pharmacy. Grocery stores and "druggeries" don't have any drugs whatsoever. So I went in and said "mal es la tĂȘte" (which means, "I have a headache") and she gave me acetominophen with caffeine and codeine in it. I brought it back, made sure it'd work for a fever (since it is not called acetominophen on the box), and gave it to Dennis. Today I'll try to get him cold meds if he doesn't feel any better.

We've been studying a lot of French, and watching French lessons online. Thanks to Darin May for that suggestion. You could take them too, if you want. Registration is free, and you get something like 50 lessons as on-demand video.

http://www.learner.org/resources/series83.html#

I'm off to the farmer's market even though it's raining. Porquoi pas? (Why not?)

--Aimee



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3