Dennis & Aimee's Big Gay Paris Adventure




Sunday at the Louvre


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Jim and I arrived this morning at about 10am, bleary from the flight. We transferred at Dallas Fort Worth. I had never been to that airport. Not impressed. Jim didn't sleep on the plane, so he was exhausted, and his room wasn't ready when we got to the hotel. Oof.

I took a shower and rallied -- this was my first chance to look around Paris in the daytime. I walked from the Arc de Triomphe down to the Louvre, through the Tuileries park. It was the first of several very long walks.

I went to the Louvre, and discovered that the first Sunday of every month is free! It was crowded, but it's *so* huge, that it was still just fine. I took some pictures to send to Dennis, who was at home for this trip.

First, I took a picture of this guy because he has a little "soul patch" spot like Dennis has, and I thought that was funny:


Then, this is Napoleon on his throne. Every piece of him is decorated (this camera photo doesn't do him justice) from his gloves to his shoes. It's actually a really beautiful painting. Stopped me in my tracks.


I took a picture of this lady because she's walking her dog. She's naked. Her dog is a greyhound. Maybe next time I'll bring a better camera, eh? I've never walked my dog naked.



As you can see, it got mostly sunny today. I walked a *long* way, maybe 7 or 8 kilometers. My dogs are barking. We had dinner at a cute little place right near work -- I'm looking forward to taking Dennis there, because Jim had a burger with bacon and egg on top (no bun) served with avocado. Sounds perfect for atkinsing! He said it was fabulous.

We also discovered the French equivalent of Waiters On Wheels, called "Chaud Devant" which means "Careful, it's hot!" and can be found at www.chaud-devant.com. The place where we ate is called PDG, which MUST stand for Pretty Damned Good.

--Aimee



See our photos on Flickr!

About me

  • I'm off2paris
  • From Paris, France
  • off2paris at wonky point org
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3