A note about the Metro
Published Sunday, November 28, 2004 by off2paris | E-mail this post 
For those of you unfamiliar with the Paris metro, allow me to give you a short orientation of the locations I've mentioned up to now. The metro system is HUGE. I have a great application for my Clié that lets me say what stop I'm at, and which one I want to get to, and it calculates the best route. I think that's going to come in really handy.
You can see a map of the paris metro here:
http://www.paris-tourism.com/ratp/pics/ratp.jpg
If you start in the upper left, under the RATP logo box, you'll see a red and yellow line going diagonally downward toward the right side of the map. Choose the #1 line, the yellow one.
A few stops from that starting point is Argentine, where our long-term apartment is. Go one more stop and you'll be at Charles de Gaulle Étoile which is where the Arc de Triomphe is. Still one more stop puts you at George V, which is where the office is.
Go about 9 more stops on the same line, and you'll be at the St. Paul stop. That's where the Marais neighborhood is, and where our short-term apartment is. The stop after that, Bastille, was where my hotel was for the most recent trip.
--Aimee